Ma’ali bin Fudail said, ‘They used to ask Allah the Almighty six months before Ramadan to grant them long life so that they could reach Ramadan and they used to ask Allah the Almighty six months after Ramadan to accept their fasting’.
I have posted before about planning ahead for Eid and Ramadan and posts about Ramadan have usually been the most popular in terms of comments and traffic. Over the years, I started planning ahead in my organiser and then in a Word document on my computer the things I needed to do to make the months ahead easier. This has grown into my Ramadan and Eid Planner 2014/1435 (PDF):
The Ramadan and Eid Planner 2014/1435 covers:
- Simple goal-setting for Ramadan
- Some practical suggested activities you can undertake now, a month before, a week before and during Ramadan, with space to include your own actions and thoughts
- Space to plan ahead for the month of Dhul-hajj and the Sacrifice
- The Sunnan of Ramadan and both Eid’s
- Deciding what you want to get out of Eid and how you can do that
- A short reading list of useful materials on Ramadan and Eid
- Prompts to reflect on Ramadan after the month has ended and retaining some of the benefits of the blessed month
If you find this planner beneficial, please make dua for me and my family. Your feedback is welcome either in the comments or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to take your thoughts into consideration for an updated version in the future if there is demand insh’Allah.