I have been working hard the last few months to try and improve my diet and lose some weight. Dates have certainly been part of my efforts as snacks and also as a healthy start to the day as part of my breakfast. I find they stop me getting hungry too quickly and snacking on junk or over-eating at lunch.
So when Whole Fresh Dates approached me about a sponsored post, it felt very relevant to my journey right now and I was certainly up for working with them (I only work with brands and companies that I feel are consistent with my blog content, I would happily use myself or I think might be of interest to readers).
Whole Fresh Dates are based right in the middle of date country USA in Yuma, Arizona. They are able to provide the highest quality dates because of their ability to source from several high quality Medjool date farms throughout the Southwest. These farms are located in Bard California, Yuma Arizona and the Coachella valley.
Their website explains that date growers grade fruit dates based on size, skin condition and moisture content. These grades are Jumbo, Large, Extra Fancy, Fancy, and on the lower end, Cooking, Convection or Mixed dates. Whole Fresh Dates only package the three highest grades to ensure only premium quality
The Whole Fresh dates website offers lots of information about the health benefits of Medjool dates including:
- Packed with fibre
- High in Potassium
- Full of a multitude of essential vitamins and high-in-B vitamins including: Vitamin A, K, B, B1, B6, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate and Choline
- Medjool dates contain Magnesium, Iron and Manganese
- No cholesterol, sodium or fat
Some of the reasons Whole Fresh Dates are the best place to buy your dates in the States include:
- They offer FREE Shipping to anywhere in the United States.
- They only sell the current year’s crop, which yields the freshest dates possible
- They GUARANTEE you will receive the freshest Medjool dates possible, or the cost of your purchase will be refunded up to 2.5lbs
- All of their dates are packed in a registered FDA facility.
- They offer the option of safe payment through PayPal
- Their customer support is available 24 hour, 7 days, by phone or e-mail.
They have some fabulous recipes on their blog, I really like the look of their Medjool date cake and I want to try the Decadent Medjool Date Scones.
I like that they also have a blog post called “The Importance of Fruit Dates during Ramadan” which explores the importance of dates in the Muslim world and their significance in Ramadan.
You can visit their website to learn more or to order a variety of date and date products including: almond date rolls (I love the combination of almonds and dates and have tried it in a Ramadan recipe here), coconut date rolls, date sugar (including an organic variation) and honey date balsamic, the last two of which I have not heard before, so certainly something that piqued my curiosity.
Whole Fresh Dates are also offering 15% off of your first order. Just use the code “FIRSTDATE” when you checkout to receive your order.